Trouble building WireGuard since December releases

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Jan 24 19:49:10 CET 2018

On Mon 2018-01-22 17:07:38 +0100, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Ahh, small update. When building this, I noticed:
>
> Makefile:944: "Cannot use CONFIG_STACK_VALIDATION=y, please install
> libelf-dev, libelf-devel or elfutils-libelf-devel"

fwiw, debian had the same issue around libelf-dev with their kernel
source packaging, and treated it as a bug there, which was resolved in
the kernel package itself, rather than requiring additional build
dependencies of all kernel modules: https://bugs.debian.org/886474

(this message is just about libelf-dev; i haven't followed the details
about objtool)

             --dkg