Openbsd update recommendation

Jungle Boogie jungleboogie0 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 22:07:08 CEST 2018

Hey Jason,
On Sat 02 Jun 2018  4:39 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hey Jungle,
>
> On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 9:08 AM, Jungle Boogie <jungleboogie0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Interesting behavior. I don't know the reason behind it, though.
>
> I figured the whole thing out, and wrote up a really detailed commit here:
> https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-go/commit/?id=a050431f2660d73e191ab8100d2f0934c8aedbf9
>
> Might be of general interest.

Good info! Thanks for taking the time to keep things running smootly across many
different platforms.

> > Once I'm more confident with the steps, I'll write something up.
>
> Great, thanks. Any status on actually getting these made into proper
> packages, so people aren't as inclined to rely on the script, which is
> only intended as a stopgap solution?

I haven't seen any updates on the thread you wrote about. Maybe I'll drop a
line.
However, your script is probably the best option until you make a 1.0, or
non-snapshot release. The reason is the package may not be updated weekly, and
each week, you seem to bring in useful improvements and changes. The -release
build of openBSD doesn't receive new package updates. If your snapshot was
made into a port/package a few weeks before the 6.4 -release, it would be the
only available option until the next release. Fortunately, -release builds
happen very often, every six months.

> Jason

Best,
j.b.