Assigning addresses with avahi-autoipd

Matthias Urlichs matthias at urlichs.de
Fri Mar 2 16:34:46 CET 2018

On 02.03.2018 15:41, Christophe-Marie Duquesne wrote:
> So the first question would be: any chance wireguard can broadcast ARP request?

Umm … no.

Wireguard doesn't do ARP because it already knows where to send packets.

It also doesn't dynamic assign IP addresses because you already need a
way to exchange information before setting up the WG link (i.e. the
public keys). It's trivial to also exchange IP addresses when you do that.

I'll leave the question of whether/how to route multicast packets to
somebody more knowledgeable.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs