Assigning addresses with avahi-autoipd

Reuben Martin reuben.m.work at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 05:04:56 CET 2018

On Friday, March 2, 2018 8:41:34 AM CST Christophe-Marie Duquesne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The lack of answer suggested nobody was familiar enough with
> avahi-autoipd, so I am giving more details.

Nobody has answered because your questions are orthogonal to the scope of
wireguard.

> So the first question would be: any chance wireguard can broadcast ARP
> request?

ARP is layer2. Wireguard is layer3. If you want ARP requests to propogate
between the networks you will have to set up layer2 tunneling of some sort.

> So the second question is about whether wireguard supports
> broadcasting udp packets to 224.0.0.251 or the ipv6 equivalent
> ff02::fb

If you want multicast traffic to propogate, an IGMP / MLP proxy server would
probably be the easiest solution.

-Reuben