Wireguard & hw flow offload incompatibility

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue May 29 14:14:23 CEST 2018

Hi Jaap,

Thanks for the clarification. I downloaded the binary for that
hardware and triaged where the bug occurs [1]. This patch [2] should
probably fix it, but I'm rather surprised to see situations in which a
skb is missing a dst entry in ndo_start_xmit; this might point to
deeper kernel bugs in this hardware offloading feature, or some
alternative mechanism for routing being used when hardware offloading
is on. So I'm hesitant to merge this just yet, because perhaps this is
better handled in the compat layer, if it is in fact vendor silliness.
Do you have a link to the kernel source of these boxes? I'd like to
see what exactly the vendor is doing. And if you could try [2] and see
if that still crashes, this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

[1] https://data.zx2c4.com/openwrt-mips-offloading-bug.png
[2] https://א.cc/Am4tZ0n8