Could there be an error message on lack of entropy?

mike at farmwald.com mike at farmwald.com
Tue Oct 30 18:49:30 CET 2018

I've been trying to use wireguard on OpenWRT (using a Turris Omnia without
wireless.)

The wg interface would not send packets, but there was no indication of
why. I've been trying to debug this (intermittently) since May. Someone on
the OpenWRT mailing list today suggested that a lack of entropy might be
the problem. Adding "haveged " fixed the problem and the interface now
seems to work just fine.

It would be *very* helpful if wireguard reported in the system log that it
can't come up due to a lack of entropy.

Thanks.
Mike