MacOS interface address

Ian B porjo38 at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 16 00:16:09 CEST 2019

Using Wireguard app v1.0.1 on Mac OS 10.14, I had some trouble getting it working initially as I had left out the 'Address=' line under '[Interface]'. Coming from Linux where specifying an interface address is optional, it didn't occur to me this would be a problem on Mac.

This raises a couple of questions for me:
- how does it work on Linux, and is leaving out the interface address considered bad practice?
- why doesn't it work on Mac and should the app for Mac be warning the user that the config is incomplete/incorrect ?

Thanks,Ian