Wireguard + anycast

Henning Reich henningreich at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 09:30:33 CET 2019

I think you could add multiple peers with the same (anycast) Endpoint but
different Key-Pairs (see the try of an example below).
Your DNS will select the IP for the closed one, and WG will try to connect
with each Key until success.
Or did I missing some important point?

cat /etc/wireguard/wg0.conf
[Interface]
Address = 172.16.0.2/24
ListenPort = 12345
PrivateKey = YIYTN0Hil/32QWTo3F1fTVc3SDkgncXLHbGFlCgIQnM=

# anycast-Server 1
[Peer]
PublicKey = K+m7KQWy78JIAL7+8oFUdgrlBQdS8NZ2IPJu1rPTsnQ=
AllowedIPs = 172.16.0.1/24, 192.168.178.0/24
Endpoint = my.anycast.com:12345

# anycast-Server 2
[Peer]
PublicKey = O79QWUAdNFbWFIuWeKp3264BL3RuWKF+WFO21r2tAo=
AllowedIPs = 172.16.0.1/24, 192.168.178.0/24
Endpoint = my.anycast.com:12345