Wireguard-Go security

Michael Lam michael.mc.lam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 16:16:40 CET 2019

Hi all,

Just a suggestion, I would really love to run Wireguard-go (in OpenBSD)
with root privilege dropped. Any chance this get implemented?

I also tried to simply start wireguard-go on OpenBSD with a normal user.
However it won't start due to the fact that it is trying to set the
Tunnel MTU during startup with a tun1 device already created.

If that can be by-passed some-how (maybe fail-continue) then it may
also work. Obviously I also tried to ensure that the /dev/tun1 permission
is correct and the /var/run/wireguard directory permission is correct
before trying out.

Rgds,

Michael