VPN - excluding local IPs

Anatoli me at anatoli.ws
Thu Mar 21 07:07:49 CET 2019

Andreas,

Check the Table option here:
https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/about/src/tools/man/wg-quick.8.

wg-quick adds some routes and rules, you can see them with: ip rule show
(check the line containing fwmark, it ends with the routing table
number) and then check the routes in the corresponding table with: ip
route show table xxx. Basically, if you omit the Table option, wg-quick
will add the necessary routes to send all traffic via the tunnel when
you specify AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0. You can add routes to your local
networks/devices for connections to them to go outside the tunnel in the
PostUp option in the wg-quick config.

Regards,
Anatoli