Strange firewall dnat rule to make WireGuard work on dual-interface

James james.b.price at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 15:27:04 CEST 2019

Thanks for the reply.
I was able to get it to work. I had an issue with my iptables when trying
to copy and understand your example.
I was using the NEW and Related,established marking in the wrong way that
resulted in forward marks being cleared for related an established packets.
All good now. Your original post is the best I've found in regards to
required iptables entries for a dual interface setup.

I still think this behavior is in "bug territory". The wg server should be
replying with the same ip address that it received packets on.