Attaching XDP program into wireguard interface

Adhipati Blambangan adhipati at tuta.io
Wed Apr 22 15:05:11 CEST 2020

Hello everyone,

I have tried to search for the same question in this mailing-list archive, but got no result.

I have wireguard connection in all of my machines running in production, and it works pretty well. Currently, we are thinking of doing some packet-classification using XDP as an early hook in the RX path.

A simple XDP program has been successfully attached to our "standard" interface. But, when I tried to attach the same XDP program to my wg0 interface, the logic in the XDP program did not kicked in. Is this something expected? if yes, is there any plan to support this use-case? I would like to help. But if not, could you guys shed me some light on what went wrong?

Thanks!

Adhipati B.