WireGuard on macOS stopped working after 1.0.10 update

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sat Dec 19 00:53:01 CET 2020

Hi again,

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 10:53 PM Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
> However, they rejected the iOS update, due to the link in the version
> info window to https://www.wireguard.com/donations/ that we've had on
> there for two years. You can see their rejection here:
> https://data.zx2c4.com/apple-asks-me-to-remove-donation-link-from-app.png
> https://data.zx2c4.com/the-screenshot-that-apple-provided.png
>
> Not wanting to hold up getting this fix deployed, I quickly removed
> the link and resubmitted to the App Store:
> https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-apple/commit/?id=a4fc0f64b8bca8afae5abab37b81ba0b45836975
>
> So now the process of getting that fix deployed on iOS starts from the
> beginning again. It could take another 24 hours. It could take a full
> month. The process is opaque, and try as I may, I don't know what else
> I can do to get the fix out faster.

They rejected the submission with the donation link removed, citing
the existence of the donation link in the old build and providing a
screenshot of the old build, rather than the new build. I sent them a
response pointing out that they reviewed the wrong build, looking at
the old build rather than the new build, and I sent them a photo of
the new build as installed from Test Fight. My experience with Apple
here is that if you respond to their rejection with anything at all,
you automatically get put in a bin of at least a week wait time. I
hope that doesn't happen here. But, anyway, another day has gone by,
and we're still waiting on Apple to ship the fix to you all.

My response to them was:

> Hi,
>
> Looking at that screenshot, I think you might have tested the old build. The
> one I submitted is build 21, which removes the donation link, rather than
> build 20. But in the screenshot you've attached, it shows "(20)" and it also
> shows the donation link. So that leaves me pretty confused about what's
> going on. The link is definitely gone in build 21, and I definitely
> submitted build 21, and looking again at my build submission, it says build
> 21.
>
> Attached is a photo of build 21 running from Test Flight on my iPhone.
> Notice how the build number says 21 and the donation link is gone.
>
> Could you take another look?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

I hope this gets cleared up soon. Maybe I'll watch Terry Gilliam's
Brazil on repeat while waiting.