[ANNOUNCE] wireguard-linux-compat v0.0.20200105 released

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Mon Jan 6 00:07:57 CET 2020

Hello,

A new version, v0.0.20200105, of the backported WireGuard kernel module for
3.10 <= Linux <= 5.5.y has been tagged in the git repository.

Please note that until Linux 5.6 is released, this snapshot is a
snapshot rather than a secure final release.

== Changes ==

  * qemu: bump packages and support m68k properly
  * qemu: re-add dependency on wireguard sources
  * qemu: only compare archs when deciding whether to use kvm

  Our test suite continues to grow. Check out the tremendous set of
  architectures we're now building on https://www.wireguard.com/build-status/

  * socket: mark skbs as not on list when receiving via gro

  The real purpose of this release. Certain drivers will pass gro skbs to udp,
  at which point the udp driver simply iterates through them and passes them off
  to encap_rcv, which is where we pick up. At the moment, we're not attempting
  to coalesce these into bundles, but we also don't want to wind up having
  cascaded lists of skbs treated separately. The right behavior here, then, is
  to just mark each incoming one as not on a list. This can be seen in practice,
  for example, with Qualcomm's rmnet_perf driver. This lead to crashes on
  OnePlus devices and possibly other Qualcomm 4.14 devices. But I fear that it
  could lead to issues on other drivers on fancy servers, too.

  This commit is upstream in net-next as:
  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net-next.git/commit/?id=736775d06bac60d7a353e405398b48b2bd8b1e54

This release contains commits from: Jason A. Donenfeld.

As always, the source is available at https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-linux-compat/
and information about the project is available at https://www.wireguard.com/ .

This snapshot is available in compressed tarball form here:
  https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-linux-compat/snapshot/wireguard-linux-compat-0.0.20200105.tar.xz
  SHA2-256: 9f12f68e96f6865325995c38213e09b05751cd1ef03e0bbc9f1bdc3e5680b337

A PGP signature of that file decompressed is available here:
  https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-linux-compat/snapshot/wireguard-linux-compat-0.0.20200105.tar.asc
  Signing key: AB9942E6D4A4CFC3412620A749FC7012A5DE03AE
  Remember to unxz the tarball before verifying the signature.

If you're a package maintainer, please bump your package version. If you're a
user, the WireGuard team welcomes any and all feedback on this latest version.

Finally, WireGuard development thrives on donations. By popular demand, we
have a webpage for this: https://www.wireguard.com/donations/

Thank you,
Jason Donenfeld