Installing Wireguard on Windows 10 on Arm; "wintun" device

Justin Guiao justing6 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 19:05:13 CET 2020

@Edward I've compiled wintun to arm64 and installed it on my Surface Pro X
without issue, although the driver is unsigned as it was just for testing.
However, as Jason mentioned the 32-bit WireGuard client cannot communicate
with it. I'm rather bullish on the windows on arm platform and hope to see
go on arm64 to enable it.

@Jason is go on arm64 to compile a 64-bit gui to communicate with the arm64
wintun drive a necessity? I know OpenVPN uses a 64bit win-tap driver with a
32-bit client (most likely x86 but could be arm32), although that is
probably comparing apples to oranges. The official Cisco AnyConnect client
for windows on arm also mixes an arm64 driver with a 32-bit gui.

Regards,