wireguard-hosts file

Inrin inrin at jikken.de
Sat Jan 25 03:28:14 CET 2020

Maybe instead of an external file, why not add an option like Alias/Nick/Displayname/Peername?
This would have the benefit of keeping the public key in display.

For the get going you might use (GNU) sed or similar to achieve this feature.
Create a file peernames as follows:

   s|<BASE64>|my nice peername|
   s|<BASE64>|my other peername|

and pipe wg through sed:
   wg | sed -f peernames

Of course you can get more creative. Maybe keep the public key there.
I'm not sure how to keep the colouring though.

PS:
I'm not sure if BSDs or others SED support changing / in substitutions.