Building module on Mint on 5.4 kernels: fatal 'make' errors

Nicholas Joll najoll at posteo.net
Fri Jan 24 15:50:33 CET 2020

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere before.

I have Mint 19.3 Cinnamon, which is based upon Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (Bionic Beaver). The last few weeks have seen multiple updates to Wireguard arrive for that system. However, a problem has persisted through those updates. To wit: the Wireguard module will not build on kernels >= 5.4. Rather, I get these errors (the following being a link to the make.log):

https://app.box.com/s/nnr5vpeookt4ea3b6mho0ktyptp5fa0p

With kernels < 5.4, everything works.

I have wireguard-dkms 0.0.20200121-wg2~18.04.

Yours

NJ