Kernel Panic after updating Kernel

dxiri at xirihosting.com dxiri at xirihosting.com
Mon Jun 15 21:30:58 CEST 2020

Posted this on IRC but got no response, probably this will be a better place:

I updated my Centos7 server yesterday and wireguard is causing a kernel panic, wanted to know if this is a known issue?

Using kernel 3.10.0-1127.10.1.el7.x86_64

I Tried with 2 different repos (elrepo and Copr repo for wireguard owned by jdoss) and I have the same issue.

I took a screenshot of The kernel panic and uploaded at https://imgur.com/a/Ojxeor0

Another interesting bit of info is that as long as I don't move traffic trough wg0 vnic, no panic happens. I can easily trigger the panic by just doing a ping to the other VPN endpoint and I am able to reproduce this every single time.

# lsmod | grep -i wire
wireguard             200896  0
ip6_udp_tunnel         12755  1 wireguard
udp_tunnel             14423  1 wireguard

Thanks for the help!
Diego