[ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Merged Into OpenBSD

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sun Jun 21 21:18:41 CEST 2020

Hey everyone,

I'm happy to announce that WireGuard has been merged into the OpenBSD
kernel, with integration into userland as well.

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=159274150512676&w=2

Matt Dunwoodie and I have been working on this for quite some time
now, with at some point Matt even showing up at my door in Paris to
push the effort further. This marks the culmination of quite a bit of
effort, and certainly a multi-year project for Matt. I should also
note that the upstreaming process to OpenBSD was extremely pleasant.
We did three patch revisions, with useful feedback on each one and a
very supportive community.

I imagine that this work will ship with OpenBSD 6.8.

Enjoy!