[ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Merged Into OpenBSD

jungle boogie jungleboogie0 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 23:48:08 CEST 2020

On 6/21/20 12:18 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm happy to announce that WireGuard has been merged into the OpenBSD
> kernel, with integration into userland as well.
>
> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=159274150512676&w=2
>
> Matt Dunwoodie and I have been working on this for quite some time
> now, with at some point Matt even showing up at my door in Paris to
> push the effort further. This marks the culmination of quite a bit of
> effort, and certainly a multi-year project for Matt. I should also
> note that the upstreaming process to OpenBSD was extremely pleasant.
> We did three patch revisions, with useful feedback on each one and a
> very supportive community.

Jason and Matt - outstanding, outstanding job. I've comfortably ran
Wireguard on OpenBSD with Jason's first build script for roughly 1 1/2
years, but I'm happy to see Wireguard is now in-kernel and development
will continue there.

Thank you two for all of your efforts you've made.
I hope everyone else is as excited about this as I am!

For those that don't know, OpenBSD's homepage:
https://www.openbsd.org/

OpenBSD Journal:
https://www.undeadly.org/cgi?action=front

Reddit: