Shouldn't devices tethered to a device using Wireguard share the same IP?

Jose Marinez jedi_papi at yahoo.com
Wed May 20 19:27:31 CEST 2020

Hi Guys,

Can you tell me if this is working as it should?...

I have a phone with Wireguard on. I share the connection via tethering/hotspot. When I check the IP on the tethered device I don't see the same IP as my Wireguard endpoint. What I do see is an IP from the phone's mobile network, the one running Wireguard.

Is this right? Does this mean that traffic from that tethered device not using the Wireguard connection? I'm confused.

Thanks,
Jose