Two small Wireguard frustrations on Mac & Apple iOS

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu Oct 1 13:17:19 CEST 2020

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 3:00 PM Laura Smith
<n5d9xq3ti233xiyif2vp at protonmail.ch> wrote:

> I am starting to seriously consider switching back to OpenVPN.
>
> Wireguard is great and all that, but frankly if there's not going to be any effort by the developers to fix these Mac and iOS problems then I'm not going to stick around any longer.

You're free to do that, and I'd generally prefer that instead of
having this mailing list turning into a place for you to vent your
frustration. These bugs are non-trivial. If you want to put some
development hours on it, we'd love to have your contributions.
Otherwise you'll have to wait for one of us. That's just how it goes,
and venting probably won't make it happen faster.

Anyway, we just finished a pretty intense cycle reworking some Android
things, so circling back to iOS probably isn't far off now.