Two small Wireguard frustrations on Mac & Apple iOS

Jasper Knockaert jasper at knockaert.nl
Thu Oct 1 13:23:16 CEST 2020

Hi

Just one other issue with the MacOS client. When you have multiple users
on the same computer (say user A and user B) user A can import a
WireGuard config in the client. Then another user B can see the config
name, but cannot modify or connect because the required keys are in the
Keychain of user A. So far all is fine. But user A may specify the
config to connect on demand (basically upon login). Then when logging in
as user B, WireGuard will still try to connect without having access to
the connection settings (because they are stored in the keychain of user
A). This causes an endless loop, which should be avoided.

Best

Jasper