[Warning: DMARC Fail Email] Re: ipv6 connexion fail - ipv4 OK

Daniel tech at tootai.net
Mon Aug 30 17:28:11 UTC 2021

Le 30/08/2021 à 18:43, Roman Mamedov a écrit :
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 12:24:01 +0200
> Daniel <tech at tootai.net> wrote:
>
>> Using tcpdump -i any I see the trafic coming to the gre interface and
>> that's all. But netstat show
>>
>> udp6       0      0 :::12345 :::*
>> 0          125391     -
>>
>> and ps aux output is
>>
>> dh at peech:~$ ps ax|grep wg
>>      6969 ?        I<     0:00 [wg-crypt-wig4to]
>>      7026 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/1:2-wg-kex-wig4tootai]
>>
>> Question: is wireguard really listening on all ipv6 addresses ? If not,
>> how is the address choosen ?
> Yes it does.
>

> You seem to have some very complex setup, I suggest to look into whether you
> send replies from the interface you expect them to. If you use wg-quick, maybe
> switch to just wg and set up manually and with careful intent of each action,
> as wg-quick might not have in mind some aspect of your setup.

I don't use wg-quick: interface setup is done in interfaces file and
reading conf file from there.

To be sure (and I think it is as I have no problem with ipv4):

. my interfaces are named wig4tootai our wigserver Nothing wrong here ?

. conf file are not named <interface name>.conf but server.conf or
anyname.conf Nothing wrong here too ?

Conserning the setup, I made another one using one VPS (one public ipv4 and one ipv6 /64 range) but get the same result. No FW involved at all :(
--
Daniel