Wireguard Android: the application is stopped unexpectedly

Harsh Shandilya me at msfjarvis.dev
Sun Jan 3 14:43:19 CET 2021

Hey Jérémy,

On 2021-01-02 11:39, Jérémy Prego wrote:
> hello and happy new year,
>
> I have a problem with the wireguard application on my Xiaomi poco m3
> (Android 10 / miui 12.0.5). I have set all the correct permissions so
> that the application is not killed by miui, but it always ends up
> stopping anyway.
> In the attached log, I see some errors when stopping the application,
> around 11:30 am

The auditd lines are harmless, and the app itself seems to have no
information as to why its being killed. There are no crashes, and no
fatal errors being logged. I'm rather confident that this is MIUI's
doing, because I have a Samsung phone that has been running the same
WireGuard client for 14 days straight without failing or being force
closed. Is there a possibility that a new MIUI "optimisation" showed up
that you did not disable yet? I don't believe the reason for your issue
is a bug in the app.

> I remain available if you need more information
>
> thanks,
>
> Jerem

Cheers,
Harsh