Continued use of `wg-quick save` and SaveConfig=true?

Adrian Larsen alarsen at maidenheadbridge.com
Mon Jan 4 19:41:17 CET 2021

Hi Jason,

1) From a manual operation point of view, I feel more comfortable if an
Operator uses:

# wg set wg0 peer ... allowed-ips ...
# wg-quick save wg0

rather than editing manually the config file.

In case the Wire Guard is running multiple peers with production
traffic, I think an Operator can do less damage using the commands if
something goes wrong.

2) From automation point of view, still I think that is easy to use the
commands (on an script):

# wg set wg0 peer ... allowed-ips ...
# wg-quick save wg0

rather than using "sed" or "awk" to modify the config file.

My 2 cents.

Adrian