wg syncconf (and setconf) error when one or more endpoints is unresolvable

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue Jun 15 15:22:42 UTC 2021

Hi Christian,

I don't condone shipping patched binaries to your users, and I won't
provide support for that here. What I'd recommend instead, if you want
really fine grained control over DNS resolution, is to just resolve
your DNS names prior to calling wg(8), and then apply whatever policy
you want to the results of that prior resolution step, such as
retries, discards, fallbacks, and so forth.