Ubuntu client OpenBSD server

Marios Makassikis mmakassikis at freebox.fr
Tue Nov 30 09:22:29 UTC 2021

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 4:45 PM Chris Eidem <ceidem at ceidem.com> wrote:

> I have a Wireguard server set up on an OpenBSD 6.9 server with OpenBSD,
> Android, iOS and Ubuntu clients. All clients are connecting, although
> the Ubuntu clients only work when the PSK is not enabled in the wg0.conf
> file. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Is there any information I
> could provide to help figure out why the PSK isn't working on my Linux
> clients?
>
> I don't know if wg uses the system's TLS libraries, but if so, I suspect
> that the fact gnutls and libressl don't play well together may have
> something to do with it. But, that is a guess pulled from my fundament...
>
>    - chris

wg doesn't use TLS libraries at all, so the issue is somewhere else.
Have you checked that the PSK is the same on both ends ?

Which kernel version are you using ?

Enabling debug logs on both ends may shed some light on what is
going on. On OpenBSD, enable using the command:
  ifconfig wgX debug
To disable:
  ifconfig wgX -debug

On Ubuntu, enable using:
  echo 'module wireguard +p' > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

and disable with:
  echo 'module wireguard -p' > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control