WireGuard Configurations Gone After iOS 15 Upgrade

Eddie stunnel at attglobal.net
Wed Sep 22 15:23:13 UTC 2021

On 9/21/2021 9:50 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not able to reproduce the bug quite yet, but I'd like to get a
> better idea of what the bug is. Can you confirm that after reimporting
> configs into iOS 15, they work just fine? And the issue is just in the
> 14->15 flow? If this is correct, I see two issues:
I haven't tried re-importing anything yet, in case you needed more
information before trying that.
> 1. Something goes wrong with the keychain from 14->15 and the app
> loses authorization.
>
> 2. When the app can't open a keychain item, it deletes the VPN
> profile? Or does it just gray it out? If it's deleting it, that's
> wrong; it ought to just remain disabled until it's readable again.
If I select one of the tunnels, all I see on the "Edit" page is the
status slider and the on demand status.  The section under INTERFACE is
completely missing.  Selecting Edit brings up the screen you would see
when creating a new tunnel, with all parameters showing (in grey)
Required, Automatic, Optional, etc.  There are no values from the
original configuration shown.