WireGuard Configurations Gone After iOS 15 Upgrade

Alan Graham alan at meshify.app
Wed Sep 22 23:53:59 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have an iOS 15 iPhone 12 Pro Max with three tunnels configured.  The
upgrade from 14 to 15 busted the configs as described.  I deleted and
recreated one of the tunnels and it worked fine.  I updated to today's
bits (which appear to have been released in record time).  The tunnel
that I deleted and recreated is still working fine.  The other two
tunnels now have red backgrounds and I can no longer click them to see
the (empty) details like I could in the older build.  Trying to
activate it does not work (it does not, however, rapidly switch
between on and off).  It looks like I can delete them by swiping left
to reveal a delete button, but I can leave them in their current state
for more testing.  I did not have on-demand turned on for any of the
tunnels so I cannot speak to that partially working state.  I have
iCloud keychain on, so that doesn't appear to be a fix/workaround.  I
also have an iPad that I haven't upgraded yet, so I should be able to
test the upgrade path, but I'm not sure these bits resolve the
problem.

Best regards,
Alan