WireGuard Configurations Gone After iOS 15 Upgrade

Miguel Arroz miguel.arroz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 03:19:30 UTC 2021

Hi,

> On Sep 22, 2021, at 8:09 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
>
> Oh, I didn't realize that was happening. Are you *sure* about that? Is
> the tunnel actually working? Or is it on, but crashing? When I go to
> enable the tunnel from the system preferences view of it, it starts
> and then stops, indicating the network extension couldn't open the
> keychain ref either. And in the log, I see the [NET] process indeed
> failing in the same spot as the [APP] process.
>
> Jason

  Yeah, I’m 100% sure they were working fine after the update but before I launched the app and touched the on/off switch there. I only noticed the problem due to the emails here, as the tunnel itself was working smoothly (I only have one per device and it’s on-demand, so I rarely interact with the app itself).

  My initial assumption was, after iOS upgrade, the network extension was able to read the data to create the tunnel, but the app corrupted it as soon as I tried to turn the tunnel off through the app.

  Regards,

Miguel Arroz