WireGuard Configurations Gone After iOS 15 Upgrade

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu Sep 23 03:22:16 UTC 2021

Hi Miguel,

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 9:19 PM Miguel Arroz <miguel.arroz at gmail.com> wrote:
>   Yeah, I’m 100% sure they were working fine after the update but before I launched the app and touched the on/off switch there.

Interesting... Alright then, new theory: the keychain references are
accessible in the old 12-byte format, but are presented when iterating
in the new 20-byte format. The deleteReferences(except: refs) function
iterates through all, removes everything in the except list, and then
deletes what remains. If the iteration reference doesn't match with
the except reference, despite pointing to the same object, then it'll
delete them incorrectly. ...restoring to iOS 14 now to test that
theory.