[question] wireguard-windows issue

enlight enlight at riseup.net
Thu Jun 9 21:56:12 UTC 2022

Hello,

when enabling wireguard kill-switch, it creates aggressive wireguard
firewall rule on windows, it creates rule on windows filtering platform
(WFP).  The rule is to block all inbound/outbound traffic not for or
from wireguard interface.

i want to modify current wireguard wfp rule to premit inbound/outbout
traffic to additional interfaces,  like vmware interface. There are
several network interfaces in my system active, like "Yggdrasil" ->
adapter name in Network and sharing center (it uses wintun driver to
create).

I tried to modify "wireguard-windows/tunnel/firewall/blocker.go"  inside
EnableFirewall( ) to add:
```
var adapter *driver.Adapter
var luid2 winipcfg.LUID

adapter, err = driver.OpenAdapter("Yggdrasil")  -> gives error here
luid2 = adapter.LUID()
err = permitTunInterface(session, baseObjects, 12, uint64(luid2))
```

the error is: ```Failed to find matching adapter name: Element not
found. (Code 0x00000490)
Unable to enable firewall rules: Firewall error at
golang.zx2c4.com/wireguard/windows/tunnel/firewall/blocker.go:148:
Element not found.```

how can i solve the issue ?