Bug in the macOS client wireguard: make disable the tunnel from the context menu impossibility

vvzvlad mail at vvzvlad.xyz
Wed Mar 16 21:10:21 UTC 2022

In your repository (https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-apple/) I have not found a githab or something similar, where I could leave an issue, so I write to the post, as I was advised by one of the committers.

I am actively using WG client on my apple devices, and if the ios-clients work fine, with macos versions I have problems from time to time, so I want to point them out to developers.

Here is, for example, one of the problems: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bit2xem8g1wmk8/Screen%202022-03-13%20at%2017.59.43.mov?dl=0
If the option "on demand" is enabled, then after disconnecting the tunnel from the context menu or from the system settings, it immediately reconnects.

If the respected developers are interested, I could describe the reproduction of some of these kinds of problems and give some thoughts on usability (I compare it to warp, which is very nice to use).