Mini PCIE HW accelerator for ChaCha20

Antonio Quartulli a at unstable.cc
Mon Jun 17 09:45:46 UTC 2024

On 17/06/2024 11:21, Germano Massullo wrote:
> Il 16/06/24 21:00, Max Schulze ha scritto:
>> Ok then I think you really max out the cpu. I have not heard of any
>> acceleration card. Overall I think it's not too bad.
>
> The problem is that is far under my internet connection capabilities (1
> Gbit/s upload)
>
>> Are you running iperf3 with --bidir?
>
> Such flag halves the throughput, I am getting ~280 Mbit/s compared to
> the previous value I got by using
> iperf3 -c 10.0.50.1 -P 4 -Z bbr
> (using the Ryzen as client)
>> Keep in mind that iperf3 itself uses some cpu.
>> You could test serving a static file and transfer via http.
>
> The iperf3 CPU usage is not so high, it wouldn't change much to use the
> http transfer

Have you tried running the test between a client, behind the omnia
turris and the wg server?
I am asking because such embedded devices are not necessarily fast in
generating the traffic that iperf requires, therefore using a different
client may give you a better estimate.

Regards,

--
Antonio Quartulli