reduce number of tags in log/summary view

John Keeping john at keeping.me.uk
Sun Oct 9 13:35:51 CEST 2016

On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 10:10:42PM -0700, Radha Mohan wrote:
> I am looking for an option (if any) in cgitrc that can reduce the
> number for tags of branch shown in log view or summary view.
>
> I have a situation where a branch is tagged by our automatic build
> systems. If on some branch the commit doesn't move ahead the web view
> makes it clumsy. We have to scroll horizontally to see the full info
> as all the tags occupy the space in a single line.
>
> If an option exists that can control the number of tags in this kind
> of situation that would be helpful.

The only option that affects this at the moment is the
enable-remote-branches setting, which defaults to false.  It doesn't
sound like you have remote branches, so I don't think that will help.

What does your ideal end result look like?  How should we choose which
refs to drop, and where can users find the dropped refs?

My only thought at the moment is to support switching on/off branch and
tag names in addition to the existing support for remote branches, or to
allow filtering by pattern or regex.