[pass] Patch for adding a multiclip option

Jonas Wagner j.b.w at gmx.ch
Thu Feb 13 14:29:49 CET 2014

Hi,

there was a patch for a --tail option on this list a while ago... I think
it solves this problem nicely. For me, usually only the password itself is
really sensitive, whereas usernames can be echoed to the terminal.

The problem with using an option to specify the line number is that if the
> user needs to copy three lines (e.g. url/username/password), he'll need to
> execute the command three times and provide his password three times.

I don't know about your setup, but for me gpg-agent caches the password for
some time, so I only need to enter it once. Using the shell command
history, I think executing almost the same pass command a second time would
be very quick.

Best,
Jonas