[pass] pass on CentOS 6.5 not copying to clipboard

Boi Sletterink boi at sletterink.nl
Fri Jul 10 20:43:59 CEST 2015

Hi Anne,

Sounds like you have to use the -X option for SSH when you log into the
other system. Otherwise, the remote pass process can't access your
clipboard. Whether or not that's a good thing depends on your situation,
but in this case it doesn't do what you want it to ;)

What do you mean with "I wanted a command line password manager"? I
mean, you are using it on the CLI already.

Kind regards,
Boi

On 07/10/2015 08:37 PM, Anne M. Hammond wrote:
> I just installed and set up pass from the yum repository.
> I am using a remote login.
>
> If I use the command
>
> # pass -c Intel
> Copied Intel to clipboard. Will clear in 45 seconds.
>
> However, if I use Control-V, Right Click Paste, or
> Paste from the Terminal menu, the password is not
> in the clipboard.
>
> I use Control-C / Control-V all the time to cut and paste.
>
> Also I am getting lots of messages:
>
> [hammond at ivy ~]$ Error: Can't open display: (null)
> Error: Can't open display: (null)
>
> I wanted a command line password manager.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!
>
> Anne

  There must be more to life than having everything.
   - Maurice Sendak