[pass] (no subject)

Anand J anandchida at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 06:39:24 CEST 2015

I'm new to pass and love the simplicity of managing passwords across
platforms.  I have a few issues and questions. I'm on Fedora 22 x86_64

I cannot seem to create and save passwords

[mylaptop at localhost ~]$ pass insert email/gmail.com
Enter password for email/gmail.com:  *******
Retype password for email/gmail.com:  ******
gpg: My Password Storage Key: skipped: No public key
gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: No public key
fatal: pathspec '/***/email/gmail.com.gpg' did not match any files

what am I missing here?

Is it possible to add metadata other than just password? Somes times for
some portals the username / login name aren't mnemonic. Also, might want to
store a password hint as well. It would be great to keep track of such
additional metadata.

Cheers,
Anand