[pass] Proposal: fuzzy search

Allan Odgaard lists+pass at simplit.com
Mon Aug 15 07:48:16 CEST 2016

On 15 Aug 2016, at 7:31, Kun Zhang wrote:

> […] I cannot simply copy the "find"
> output to "show" because it's a tree view instead of plain paths.

There is a patch from September 2014: Use find instead of tree to search
for cmd_find

I bumped the thread in May 2015, but still no official response as to
whether this change will be merged upstream.

Needless to say that I support this change :)

> To make my experience with password-store even better, I have come up
> with
> the idea of "fuzzy search", and implemented a proof-of-concept as an
> additional option to the "show" command.

Don’t know what platform you are on, but on Mac OS X I use an Alfred
workflow¹ which has the advantage that you get live feedback on your
abbreviation matching, as I wouldn’t trust that the algorithm always
gets it right.

¹ https://github.com/CGenie/alfred-pass