[pass] Proposal: fuzzy search

Sylvain Viart sylvain at opensource-expert.com
Mon Aug 15 08:26:03 CEST 2016

Hi,

Le 15/08/2016 à 07:48, Allan Odgaard a écrit :
> On 15 Aug 2016, at 7:31, Kun Zhang wrote:
>
>> […] I cannot simply copy the "find"
>> output to "show" because it's a tree view instead of plain paths.

I also programmed a bash script that find | grep into the .password-store

example usage:

    find_pass linkedin

    /home/sylvain/.password-store/Perso/Sylvain/linkedin.gpg
    #  Perso/Sylvain/linkedin
    reading 'Perso/Sylvain/linkedin'
    Copied Perso/Sylvain/linkedin to clipboard. Will clear in 45 seconds.

It matches with grep on the name of the file.gpg

with some homemade internal rules:

  * as I have duplicates, I show the full path, so I can rename or
    delete files.
  * if only one result found it goes to clipboard
  * if it match a dedicated new folder, goes to clipboard
  * etc.

It uses colors too.

If you are interested I can share it.

Regards,
Sylvain.

--
Sylvain Viart - Consultant informatique système linux