[pass] Possible improvements

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 15:20:25 CET 2016

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Thomas Levine <_ at thomaslevine.com> wrote:

> Dasho,
>
> I recommend that you implement your suggestions as a stand-alone
> program. You'll be able to make a program that is even simpler than
> password-store because you won't need to support password-store's file
> format (and thus won't need to use tar) and won't need to use GPG.
>
> This might help you think about how to add such features to
> password-store.  More interesting to me, however, is that you may
> produce a separate program that is even simpler than password-store.
> I presently use few of password-store's features, and I don't take
> advantage of password-store's encryption asymmetry, so I would probably
> prefer a simpler program that worked as you propose.

Thanks Thomas.

I am giving it a try to implement the extra features on top of the existing
program,
and see how it works out. If it doesn't work out well, or if there is not
much
interest on this, then it would be easy to simplify it and remove the extra
parts.

However it is not so easy to maintain a new project. Making a patch or a PR
is just fire and forget, but maintaining another project needs more
commitment.