[pass] Possible improvements

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 05:24:23 CET 2016

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 11:27 PM, Emil Lundberg <lundberg.emil at gmail.com>
wrote:

> GPG's default way of working (using asymmetric encryption) actually
>> uses symmetric encryption as well and solves the key management problems
>> and risks that were overlooked by the original poster.
>>

> I'm assuming what OP is after is to not have to deal with asymmetric GPG
> keys in the first place, regardless of whether the files are technically
> encrypted symmetrically or not. It *is* a slightly higher barrier to entry
> than just using plain passwords for encryption, though I personally don't
> see how the small extra setup cost doesn't outweigh the long-term
> convenience benefits.

That's right. And also it happened that gpg-agent was not configured
properly on my system, and it requested the passphrase each time that I was
reading something. I had to google for it and to add some lines to
'.bashrc'. Maybe this is OK for most of us, but maybe it is a problem for a
random user.