possible? less restrictive file permissions

Frank Thommen f.thommen at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Wed Aug 22 19:27:38 CEST 2018

Hi Raulo,

On 08/22/2018 03:10 PM, Raulo Olapodrido wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I would like to use Ansible's pass plugin to extend Ansible with a
> flexible database for sensitive information (passwords, certificates etc).
>
> This works very well(!) for a single user. By using gpg's group feature,
> it is possible to encrypt entries for multiple users. Yay!
>
> Still, the pass directory is in the user's own home directories, and
> have to be pulled from/pushed to a common git repository, to be shared
> with everyone.

That's not completely correct: The pass directory can be in /any/
location (the environment variable $PASSWORD_STORE_DIR controls this).
We use a password store within a group where the directory is in a
shared location (NFS mounted directory).  That works fine and no
pull/push is required.

I always found the idea to share a password store by git unpractical.  I
cannot imagine, that you don't get out of sync within a very, very short
time ;-)

Cheers
frank