Question about password timeout

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at SDF.ORG
Sun Jun 7 11:39:35 CEST 2020

On Sat, Jun 06, 2020 at 05:24:29PM +0200, Erazem Kokot wrote:
:
:
: > However, after any amount of time or even a reboot, I'm never asked for
: > my passphrase again.
: > Is this a pass setting, a gpg setting, or both?
:
: Hi,
:
: This is a gpg setting, which can be controlled in either
: ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf or wherever you have your gpg-agent.conf file.
: The relevant options are "default-cache-ttl" and "max-cache-ttl", which are
: set in seconds, so something like `default-cache-ttl 10800` would mean you
: wouldn't have to log in for 3 hours after entering your password.
:
: Regards,
: Erazem Kokot

That's what I thought, as well. But these settings seem
far too short to explain my passwords still being
cached overnight:

default-cache-ttl 600
max-cache-ttl 7200

:
:

Jonathon McKitrick
--
'Java is a fine language, for low values of fine.'