Question about password timeout

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at SDF.ORG
Sun Jun 7 18:19:40 CEST 2020

On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 05:41:26PM +0200, Matthias Khlke wrote:
: Hi,
:
: what can happen is that the passphrase got saved in the keyring
: provided by your desktop environment, for example the GNOME Keyring.
: This gets unlocked when you enter your password on logon.
: The program to manage the gnome keyring is called Seahorse, for KDE
: there's the KDE Wallet Manager.
: If that's the case, and you don't want that, you probably need to setup
: another pinentry program. But I think some instances of the session
: keyrings can emulate the gpg agent by themselves.
:
: Good luck,
: Matthias

That was it, thank you! It's my first time really using gpg,
and I deleted that key from my keyring and made sure next time
I authenticated with gpg I unchecked 'save in keyring'. I think
that did the trick!

Jonathon McKitrick
--
'Java is a fine language, for low values of fine.'