[PhotoFloat] Spring cleaning (video, preloading, threading, updated JS-libraries, etc)

Joachim Tingvold joachim at tingvold.com
Tue Oct 6 15:06:31 CEST 2015

On 5 Oct 2015, at 15:22, Dennis Ortsen wrote:
> I've finally allowed myself to try out your patches Joachim. I've had
> some
> hiccups along the way, some I've been able to fix, some not :-(

Are there other hiccups other than those two (?) you mention below?
(encoding adjustments and duplicate videos when next/previous).

> I've found that these settings work better for my older movie files,
> from a
> Canon Digital IXUS:

Yeah, I guess there's no "one setting to rule them all" regarding
encoding. At least not if you want to have decent encodings of newer
videos. One could of course look into creating a "database" that gives
different encoding for different camera models (based on EXIF-data), but
it's not on the top of *my* todo-list (mostly because I only shoot
videos with newer devices).

> [...] Instead, a second, or third, of fourth (depending on how much
> you select) medium sized preview appears. All
> are playable at the same time. I thought the behavior would be similar
> as
> to browsing/flipping through pictures. Does anybody recognize that?
> Perhaps a clue what to fix?

Ah, yes, this issue. It's probably the most annoying one that I
currently have. Happens only with movies, and regardless if you go next
or previous (as long as the next/previous also is a movie). Whenever you
hit a picture again, it's "reset", so this only happens if/when you have
more than one movie in a row.

Haven't looked into it, but I guess it's a minor JavaScript-fix.

--
Joachim