multiple wireguard interface and kworker ressources

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Wed Jun 14 16:15:32 CEST 2017

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 3:50 PM, nicolas prochazka
<prochazka.nicolas at gmail.com> wrote:
> At this moment, we are using  3000 wg tunnel on a single wireguard
> interface, but now
> we want divide the tunnels by interface and by group of our client, to
> manage qos by wireguard interface, and some other tasks.
> So on in a single interface, it's working well, but test with 3000
> interface causes some trouble about cpu / load average , performance
> of vm.

This seems like a bad idea. Everything will be much better if you
continue to use one tunnel. If you want to do QoS or any other type of
management, you can safely do this per-IP, since the allowed IPs
concept gives strong binding between public key and IP address.