Wireguard client not roaming

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Sun May 6 00:34:27 CEST 2018

Hello,

I have two open-wrt routers running wireguard.

B1300 wireguard Client and B1300 wireguard server.

I leave the B1300 wireguard server at the main location and take the B1300
wireguard client to different locations for testing speeds against
different ISPs.

The B1300 wireguard client fails to connect when moved from site to site
unless the B1300 wireguard server is rebooted?

To get the testing I need done for speeds I had to have someone reboot the
B1300 wireguard server...once it came up the B1300 wireguard client would
connect without any other issues and I did my testing (side note - the
speeds tested showed excellent speeds compared to my OpenVPN server back at
the main location).

There must be a configuration parameter that tells the wireguard server to
look for a new connection on wg0 interface ...I am guessing that the keep
alive timer (set for 25 seconds) locks the wg0 interface up...or not.

I am hoping for any advice that can help me to fix this issue given I have
a long trip coming up in a few weeks and I would prefer wireguard to
OpenVPN given it's speed.

thanks.