WG interface to ipv4

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sun May 6 03:27:35 CEST 2018

On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 7:53 PM, ѽ҉ᶬḳ℠ <vtol at gmx.net> wrote:
> I trust that such is available and common practice with other VPN apps.

I should point out that "other VPN apps are doing it" is mostly not a
motivation for adding a nob. We're trying to aim with WireGuard as
close to a nob-less security model as possible. This is indeed a
substantially different goal from other projects, many of which love
to add features and choices. On the other hand, WireGuard aims to look
at the complete system and tries to determine what set of parameters
always provide security in the model we're going for. For example,
most other VPN apps let you choose your "cipher suite". DES? Blowfish?
AES? XTEA? This project has a bit of a different focus. I realize this
might be less exciting to watch, but I do believe this approach will
nudge us a tiny bit closer to having secure software.